- Sign up for customized reports sent to your email with the Legislative Tracker Tool from Voices for Georgia's Children. If you sign up for the State Juvenile Justice reports the first bill being tracked is the Foster Children Psychotropic Medication Monitoring Act.
- Become a member of the JUSTGeorgia Coalition here. EmpowerMEnt's JUSTGeorgia Crew is a part of this coalition.
- Middle school and high school students can apply to serve as a page for a day in the Georgia Senate or House of Representatives and work with local legislators face to face.
- RSVP with email@example.com to participate in weekly conference calls once you have become a member of the JUSTGeorgia Coalition. The first call will be held January 6th at 10 am and will explain the Children's Code Rewrite
- Attend the JUSTGeorgia Day at the capitol February 7th, 2012
- Attend Children's Day at the capitol February 28th, 2012
- Like the JUSTGeorgia Crew Facebook Page to learn about other opportunities to make sure Youth Voice is heard this legislative session!!!
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Become an Expert this Legislative Session
Georgia's 2012 legislative session will begin next month. Here are the steps to make sure you stay informed about bills that will effect youth in foster care and DJJ care, even if you can't make it down to the capitol in person.